Future in Perspective is a leader in the design and production of online educational materials such as video lectures, podcasts, interactive infographics and fully loaded online learning platforms for a range of EU funded programmes. We are seeking a junior Graphic Designer to join our team; this is an ideal opportunity for a recently qualified graduate.
You must be able to deliver creative ideas and demonstrate excellent attention to detail. You will need the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, across a multitude of internal and external projects. Ideally you should be creative with a keen eye for design and visual aesthetics, a dynamic problem solver, strong team player with excellent communication skills. You will be based in our Digital Media Zone (DMZ) in Virginia, Co. Cavan.
- Creating branding strategies for a diverse range of European funded projects
- Working with our web developers to create stunning graphical elements for websites, educational materials, and publications
- Contributing to the design, layout, and production of our community newspaper
- Working with our team of design interns and sharing your knowledge and expertise
- Ensuring consistency and quality in design and content across all projects with meticulous attention to detail
- Design, layout and production of documents and publications in multiple European languages for print and online
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, or related field or a similar level of industry-recognised qualification
- Post-qualifying experience as a graphic designer would be an advantage
- A portfolio of previous graphic design work to showcase experience and creativity
- In depth knowledge of design software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch
- Basic knowledge of video editing
- Fluent business level English speaker
Desirable Personal Skills
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Good attitude
- Be a good timekeeper
- Ability to manage deadlines
- An interest in social media and current trends
- Have a passion for learning
Terms of Employment
This is a 40-hours per week, full-time contract up to 31st December 2023 subject to the satisfactory completion of up to a probation period. The nature of the work may require working unsocial hours i.e., evenings and weekends plus EU travel.
Salary scale: €28,600 to €31,200
Leave: The annual leave entitlement is twenty-five (25) days per annum, pro-rata for shorter periods. Entitlement to leave for Public Holidays is in accordance with the terms of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997. Future in Perspective is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by the company will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.
This position is funded through European Erasmus+ Programme 2021 - 2026.
To apply: please submit a CV and Portfolio demonstrating for your suitability for your chosen position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receipt of applications isFriday, 11th March 2022. Late applications will not be considered. Shortlisting will apply. Candidates from non- traditional backgrounds are especially welcome.